Looking for math for your grade? Make sure you check out these pinterest boards for year by year math. Just click on the image to go to the math board.
I am old enough to remember chanting times tables in class. Yes that's how it was done many years ago and Yes it was BORING! But it actually did help to cement these facts into my brain. Learning multiplication facts doesn't come easily for some kids! But luckily today you don't need to have kids chant and chant in rote form. There are lots of different ways to review facts and help kids to develop mastery of multiplication facts. Of course my favorite ways to do this is with games. I developed my Tic Tac Toe games to help do this and I have another set of Multiplication games also. Here are some FREEBIES that help to make multiplication fun! Catch the Monkeys Multiplication Game In this game, the players move around the board trying to catch the monkeys! To catch a monkey they have to answer a multiplication fact! http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Catch-the-Monkeys-Multiplication-Game Tic Tac Toe With these game boards kids are playi...
Let's make learning sight words fun with some games! Children need to experience sight words in a variety of situations. So I created some games that will give children a fun way to practice sight words. These games started like this. In this game, the players roll the dice and find a circle with the number on the dice. If they can read the word, they cover the circle. The player who covers the last circle is the winner. For the Tic Tac Toe game, the players read a word and cover it with a counter. The game is played just like Tic Tac Toe but if you can't read the word, you can't cover the space! Of course these games are very simple to draw up on paper if you want to try them or you might like what I have created. These games work so well that they quickly evolved into 5 sets of games that look like this - I have used the Dolch sight words for the games and there are 5 sets - Pre-Primer Primer First Grade Second Grade Third Grade. There are 8 color...
Welcoming the start of 2016 is a great time to play around with numbers! So today I really want to share these New Year math ideas with you! - A great New Year Number of the Day Idea - My new 2016 New Year Number of the Day Sheets and Posters! - A New Year Math Dice Game - and My updated New Year Math Games Freebie 2016 New Year Number of the Day A great math activity to start the 2016 New Year is to make 2016 the Number of the Day. I did this last year and it worked a treat! So of course I had to share it this year! You can make your own and select the skills that suit the abilities of your kids or you can use the ready made posters or worksheets that I have created for the new 2016 year. 2016 New Year Number of the Day Sheets and Posters New Year 2016 Number of the Day I have created 2 versions of the 2016 Number of the Day - a basic version and a more complex advanced version. Each is in black...
Comments
Post a Comment